RECREATION DISTRICT MEETING HIGHLIGHTS
Highlights from the October 9, 2020 Board Meeting include:
- The Board approved to extend the candidate nomination deadline to Friday, October 16, 2020 at 12:00PM.
- The Board approved the proposal with Vote Now to provide the ability for voters to vote
- The Board approved a trademark and service mark license agreement with UPCAI, covering all trademarks relevant to the District and the Community subject to final sign off from UPCAI
- The Board approved the final agreement for transfer for Parcel #7 to UPCAI.
- The ‘Sales Center’ transaction has been finalized and an agreement hasbeen executed.
- The Board approved the First Amendment to the PFM District Management Services Contract removing the Accounting Services with Park Boulevard Management to oversee starting in November. The transition between both entities has begun and Park Boulevard Management will take over the Accounting Services on November 1, 2020.
- The Board has agreed to keep the Treasurer Officer Position “as is” untilthe Election occurs on December 8, 2020.
- Couple of Reminders of Workshops and Board Meetings coming up in the month of November:
- November 4, 2020 Workshop Meeting 10:00AM – Card Room
- November 9, 2020 Candidate Forum 1:30PM – via Zoom
- November 13, 2020 Board of Supervisors’ Meeting 1:00PM – Lakeside Room
9 candidates have submitted their names to the Recreation District Manager to be included on the ballot for the December 8th election of 5 Supervisors. They are as follows:
James Case Steve Ludmerer
Sally Dickson David Murphy
Bill DiPaolo Karen Pagano
Sondra Ettlinger Ronald Simon Nancy Kopnisky
A virtual Candidate Forum via Zoom will be held on November 9th at 6:00PM. Watch for more information in additional email communications.
All residents and homeowners are asked to sign up to vote online! Voting electronically cuts costs and is more efficient in tallying votes. Election documents have been sent via US postal service and are available on the RD website by clicking here.
GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT
Click below for the most recent General Manager’s report.
The UPCC Strategic/Master Planning Volunteer Group has received two proposals for Master Planning Services and will be interviewing both firms in the coming days. The Strategic Planning Group will recommend a Master Planning Consultant at the November 4th Board of Supervisors Workshop.
Work also continues on the Action Plans developed by the Strategic Planning Group with Jack Sullivan. These plans and next steps will also be discussed with The Board at the November 4th workshop.
Friday, November 4, 2020
Friday, November 9, 2020
Workshop Meeting, Candidate Forum via Zoom
Friday, November 13, 2020
Board of Supervisors’ Meeting Lakeside Room
Visit the UPRD website to stay up-to-date with any new information and for the meeting information due to COVID-19 restrictions.