from May 14, 2021
June 3, 2021, 10 AM
The Varsity Club
June 11, 2021, 1 PM
The Varsity Club
Assistant District Manager
UNIVERSITY PARK RECREATION DISTRICT MEETING HIGHLIGHTS – MAY 14, 2021
The University Park Recreation District Board of Supervisors recently held its monthly meeting on May 14, 2021. Much of the meeting focused on budget planning for the upcoming fiscal year. Finance Director John Fetsick presented both the Preliminary Enterprise Fund Proposed Budget FY 2022 and the Preliminary General Fund Proposed Budget FY 2022 for review and discussion. The Board has set the Public Hearings to Adopt both budgets in Final form at the August 13, 2021 Recreation District Board Meeting,
Click here to review the Preliminary Enterprise Fund Proposed Budget FY 2022.
Click here to review the Preliminary General Fund Proposed Budget FY 2022
Mr. Fetsick also provided an update on the completion of the Fiscal Year 2020 Audit Report by the auditing firm Phillips Harvey. He anticipates having a draft of the audit for the Board to review by June 11, 2021, Recreation District Board Meeting.
Additional Highlights from this meeting include:
• General Manager Laurie Evans provided an update of the Phase 1 RFP Master Improvement Plan Project. She stated the advertisement had been sent, and there has been a total of 5 companies thus far interested in bidding on the project. Ms. Evans also provided an update on the development of the website for UPCAI and the joint UPCAI and Recreation District landing page.
• Mr. Case provided a draft letter for discussion to UPCAI pertaining to the consideration of amendments to the CC&R concerning the Mutual Cooperation Agreement between the RD and UPCAI.
• Mr. Barnebey is actively working with Mr. DiPaolo in drafting a proposed amendment to various topics within the RD Charter.
• The Board approved holding a Special Workshop on June 3, 2021, at 10:00 AM to address the Phase 1 RFP Master Improvement Plan Project proposals and the proposed amendments to the Charter.
UPCOMING MEETINGS / WORKSHOPS
• June 3, 2021, Special Workshop Meeting at 10:00 AM at the Varsity Club and via Zoom.
• June 11, 2021 Board of Supervisors Meeting at 1:00 PM at the Varsity Club and via Zoom.
Links to attend the meetings and workshops via Zoom will be made available on the RD website at www.universityparkrd.com.
GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT
Click below for the most recent General Manager’s report.
Visit the UPRD website to stay up-to-date with any new information and for the meeting information due to COVID-19 restrictions.