Welcome to the new University Park Recreation District Newsletter! This new monthly publication will keep you up to date with all of the most current information related to the Recreation District.
RECREATION DISTRICT MEETING HIGHLIGHTS
Highlights from the August 14th, 2020 Board Meeting include:
- Approval of FY 21 Budgets for District Operations and the Country Club.
- Affirmation of the December 8, 2020 Board of Supervisors election in the Lakeside Room at 3:00 pm. Candidates must declare their candidacy by October 9, 2020
- The Board approved a trademark and service mark license agreement with UPCAI, covering all trademarks relevant to the District and the Community.
- The Board reviewed and approved the FY19 Audit of UPRD by the Phillips Harvey Group.
- The Board approved the transfer of the District’s option to purchase Parcel #7 to UPCAI subject to final legal review.
- The Board approved transfer of the ‘Sales Center’ to UPCAI to be repurposed as a “Welcome Center’ will additional meeting space for residents, subject to final review.
- Chairman Wood resigned effective at the close of the Board Meeting on August 14, 2020. Any resident interested in being considered for a seat on the Board should submit their name to District Management by September 4, 2020.
- Vice Chair Bertsch submitted her resignation from the Board effective at the close of the September 11, 2020 Board meeting. Any resident interested in being considered for a seat on the Board should submit their name to District Management by October 2, 2020.
GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT
Click below for the most recent General Manager’s report.
The UPCC Strategic/Master Planning Volunteer group has been hard at work and has completed work on the Mission, Vision and Core Values statement and has moved on to preparing for upcoming focus groups the week of August 17th. A call for volunteers was sent out out the week of August 10th. All areas of the operation have been discussed in smaller group sessions and the findings from these meetings have been incorporated into the focus group planning process along with strategy and tactics that will be included in the final recommended action plan. Next steps include obtaining proposals from qualified master planners to complete a master plan for the club facilities after completion of the focus group process and the recommended action plan is complete.
Friday, September 11, 2020
Will be conducted remotely over WebEx per the updated Executive Order 20-193 that has been extended through October 1, 2020 providing the ability to have the meeting virtually.
Friday, October 9, 2020
Format to be decided.