What’s the Latest?
Comments or questions? Send to: UPCC.Masterplan@gmail.com
July 25, 2022
The RD Board has called for a delay on the Club’s Masterplan Phase 2 to get more definitive information for UP homeowners who will ultimately decide whether a bond (and, if so, what size bond) will be pursued. In the meantime, you can stay up-to-date through the Club Weekly on the progress of Phase 1 projects, including golf course improvements, pickleball and outside dining.
During this pause, the Board is doing the following on Phase 2:
– Hiring a kitchen architect to provide a preliminary kitchen layout and equipment list. The new Executive Chef will participate as the designs get underway. Cost estimates will be refined.
– Hired a Golf Course Irrigation Architect to design a new system and estimated costs. Curtis is working with this company now.
– Hired an architect to develop renderings of different options to provide space needed for staff offices, activities/meetings and fitness/wellness. Options will include renovation of existing buildings and new construction.
– Refining plans and costs for the swap of the current pro shop and the current Varsity Club.
– Preparing fact sheets on each Phase 2 project with links to detailed backup information.
– Preparing the materials for a bond referendum that will likely take place before January.
The upcoming survey of homeowners and Club members is being developed by a small group of experienced residents (not on the Board) and will incorporate the alternative options resulting from the research described above.
Board members are interviewing three residents who have submitted their names as possible candidates for the vacant seat on the Board. A decision is expected to be made at a special Board meeting on August 30.
Neighborhood meetings on the Masterplan with a Board member have involved over 200 UP residents so far. If you missed your neighborhood meeting, you can find a link to the recording under Meeting Notes on this website. To obtain further feedback and to keep you informed, the Board will be happy to
participate in a second round of neighborhood meetings once more detailed information becomes available in the autumn.
This website will be updated as new information is developed.
University Park Recreation District
Est. 2018; Located in Manatee County
April 19, 2022 Town Hall Meeting (Link to external video)
April 8, 2022 Board of Supervisors Meeting (Link to external audio & video)
March 29, 2022 Workshop Recording (Link to external video)
Floor Layout THIS PLAN IS OBSOLETE.
Getting the Information that You Want
We continue to work on more comprehensive methods to communicate with residents. New software has been installed on the web site to provide residents the capability of receiving timely information from the RD. As a government entity, we are not allowed to send you emails unless you specifically identify yourself and indicate that you want them. Therefore, you must “Opt-In” and you can do so by following these steps:
- In the UPCC Newsletter there is a link to the RD web site. Simply click on that link.
- You will see a Privacy Statement; you will need to agree to it
- You will be asked to enter your email address, name, address, & phone number
- You will get an email from the RD asking if you want to “Opt In” to receive RD Newsletters (and other emails), you will need to “Confirm” that you agree
Any communications from the RD is public information
Please feel free to contact the District Office in writing, via email or fax, or by phone, whichever is most convenient for you. See CONTACT US for further details on contacting the District Office.